- Veeam Agents Backup Monitoring and Reporting. Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Agent for Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux
- Location Tag Support. Veeam ONE pre-defined reports and Monitor UI now support location tags for VMs, hosts, computers configured in Veeam Backup & Replication to observe data sovereignty.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Support. Veeam ONE now fully supports Microsoft SQL Server 2017.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version 1709 Support. Veeam ONE now fully supports Microsoft Windows Server 2016, version 1709
- Veeam Agent Jobs Monitoring. Veeam ONE now monitors Veeam Agent backup jobs configured in Veeam Backup & Replication servers
- Veeam Agent Policies Monitoring. Veeam ONE now monitors Veeam Agent backup policies configured in Veeam Backup & Replication servers
- Enhanced Veeam Backup Data Collection. With Update 3, users will experience faster data collection from Veeam Backup & Replication servers, especially in large-scale deployments.
- Enhanced Hyper-V Data Collection. With Update 3 users will experience more stable data collection from Microsoft Hyper-V, especially in large-scale deployments.
- Veeam ONE Server Load Alarm. This alarm notifies user of high Veeam ONE server load to ensure stable workload.
- Performance Cache Path Setting. Veeam ONE now allows to change the performance cache location in Monitor Client UI.
- Protected Computers Report. This report lists all protected and unprotected computers running Veeam Agent.
- Data Sovereignty Overview. This report lists all protected objects, backups and replicas grouped by location tag
- Data Sovereignty Violations. This report shows potential data sovereignty violations for all protected objects.
- Location-Based Reporting. Veeam ONE now provides an option to generate reports based on the location tags configured in Veeam Backup & Replication
- New VM Metrics. Veeam ONE now includes “VM Used Space per Datastore” and “VM Provisioned Space per Datastore” counters to identify how much space a VM and its corresponding files take up on the datastore.
- Enhanced Backup Custom Infrastructure Report. “Last Run Duration (sec)” has been added to the report parameters list.
Veeam Cloud & Service Providers
- Cloud Connect Inventory Report Enhancement. This report now displays per-VM license key usage.
- Enhanced vCloud Director integration. Veeam ONE now caches user credentials to allow faster log-ins to the Monitor client.
- Tenant Credentials Caching. This feature Veeam ONE saves permissions check time over infrastructure each time a tenant logs in.
We’ll install the latest update on our existing Veeam ONE 9.5 update 1 deployment as shown in this article about Veeam ONE overview and configuration.
Upgrade Veeam ONE to latest release update
Before proceeding let’s make sure we have a Full Backup of the Veeam ONE Database. Once we obtain the Update ISO file from Veeam website let’s just run the update. In case we have the Veeam Availability Suite which consists of Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE together the Veeam ONE Server needs to run the upgrade to update 3 first.
Let’s specify the user account which has local admin credentials to the Veeam ONE Server and DBO rights to the Veeam ONE database.
At this point the installation can begin.
The installer will stop all the necessary services first, take a backup of the existing installation files, make changes and restart the services. In case of successful update the copy of old files will be deleted.
The update process takes a few minutes to complete. The upgrade to Veeam ONE is now complete.
To check the update version is successful let’s log on the the Veeam ONE server and check the database version from the Help > About
As an alternative we can also launch the Support utility and verify the update version from there too.
This concludes a quick overview on how to upgrade Veeam ONE to the latest release update. In the next articles we’ll explore more about the new functionalities this version brings.
Feedback and comments are welcome!